The first significant instance of this was when Defectum parodied Theory of Everything 2, making the level "If TOE2 was level 1". Sometimes, creators also introduce variations of this style, like "If ...... was easy".
You can find all of these "level one" by writing "if" and selecting the star in the filters. These are the levels that got a lv1 version, ordered by the number of likes.
- Nine Circles (4 stars)
- Cataclysm (2 stars)
- Jawbreaker (3 stars)
- Clubstep (2 stars)
- Fairydust (3 stars)
- TOE2 (2 stars)
- DeCode (4 stars)
- Clubstep (4 stars)
- Clubstep (3 stars)
- Sonic Wave (8 stars)
- Windy Landscape (4 stars)
- DeCodeX (4 stars)
- Ultrasonic (4 stars)
- Infinite Circles (3 stars)
- Some levels to get parodied this way include the demons Cataclysm and Nine Circles.
- Usually, a starred If ...... was Level 1 level worths 2, 3 or 4 stars. The only exception is for Sonic Wave rated 8 stars.
- Some people like to make jokes with the style. I.E. "If Stereo Madness was Lvl 1". An example is Jeyzor.
- "If Sonic Wave was Lvl 1" is the hardest star rated Lvl 1 level, and it is rated as insane even if it is a lot easier than the original one.
- Some 'If .... was Level 1' are just a copied version of the original level but was nerfed a lot, and made some parts more easier than before.
- Viprin considers this an "annoying trend".
- Rockstr99 and MagicXdash are the players with the most starred If ...... was Level 1 levels created.
- Sometimes they are just "easier" versions, which can actually be demons, like Nerfbath, Sakupen Heaven, and Cataclysm v0.